- Thank you for the help with Santa Shop, it was a great success this year! $7,224.93 profit (16,528.35 Gross) (9,303.42 Expenses)
- Valentine gram information has been sent home, Anna Blais is heading this up again if you have any questions, please email her: anna@MeltMyScents.com
- The 1st teacher luncheon is quickly approaching, Feb 13th. Information was sent home and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or text Nicole at 910-320-3648 if you can bring a dessert or side, the deadline for signing up is Feb. 7th.
- Box Tops are DUE BY FEBRUARY 22ND.
- Planning is beginning for our 1st ever Spring Fling. Felicia Frame and Nicole Freres are heading this event up and would love to get a list of volunteers together to help! This event will take place April 5th, and we are very excited to add it to the calendar. Please encourage parents to text these ladies to help! Nicole 910-320-3648 Felicia 732-501-0115
- Read-A-Thon kick off is February 15th this year. Packets will be sent home and are due back, March 1st at 8:30 am. Any questions, please email Laura@hhlandscapes.com or text at 910-389-7952.
- Room Parent folders have all been delivered, if you are a room parent, please share this agenda with the parents who signed up to be emailed.
- SBES needs assistance with tutoring!!! If you have time to volunteer during the week, please email Page.Highsmith@onslow.k12.nc.us and she can get you connected with a group of eager students!
- The Book Fair is coming soon Feb. 25-Mar 1. Ms. Lynch needs volunteers to help kids find books and to check out their purchases. To join the fun, sign up online: https://volunteer.scholastic.com/#/experience/signup/FpF5zBa0p If you don’t have a password, just sign up as new user (lower right-hand side with green background).
While there isn’t a meeting in March due to Read A Thon activity, there will be additional meetings about Spring Fling. We will get these dates together and Ms. Highsmith will announce them on the weekly all call and emails!
A look ahead… PTO is seeking a new Treasurer, Santa Shop Leader, President, and Box Top Representative for 2019-2020. Please see Laura for any recommendations, questions, or inquiries.
Frosted spirit nights: 86.00
Nearly New Fish 540.00
Pizza Hut 199.86
Box Tops 356.70
Lowes Foods 96.06
Meetings: 1st Wednesday of each month 8:30 am cafeteria & 6 media center.
What does PTO do for SBES?
- Coordinate Room parent information
- Assist with volunteers for Book Fairs:9/27-10/5 Fall 2/25-3/1 Spring
- Plan Fall Festival Future dates: 9/12, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24
- Box top collections: 10/26 Fall 2/22 Spring
- Santa Shop:12/3-12/7
- Valentine Grams
- Read-A-Thon: 2/15 kickoff 3/1 due by 8:30am
- Coordinate teacher luncheons:11/14, 2/13, 5/7
- Update bulletin boards
- Coordinate Tuesday spirit nights: Frosted, Papa Johns, Candy Edventure, Pizza Hut
- Sailing into School at Saltwater 9/18
- Fat Fellas BBQ fundraiser at the end of the year
As you can see, this is an extensive list for the school year and we require A LOT of volunteers! We can use any amount of help…some jobs require more time, some are behind the scenes, and some require a lot of time. Please sign up to help today! We encourage parents, grandparents, baby sitters, aunts, uncles, or anyone who has the heart to volunteer.
Money raised is purchasing updated technology for each classroom!
If you have any questions, please email Laura@hhlandscapes.com
2018-2019 PTO MEETING DATES/AGENDA
8:30am cafeteria & 6pm media center
September 5th-Welcome, year overview, officer/fundraiser introductions
October 3rd– Focus on Fall Festival
November 7th– Santa Shop info, upcoming teacher luncheon
December–NO MEETING DUE TO SANTA SHOP
February 6th– Valentine Gram, Readathon info, upcoming teacher luncheon
March–NO MEETING DUE TO READ-A-THON COLLECTION
April 3rd– RAT total, upcoming luncheon, fat fella info, upcoming teacher appreciation week
May 15th– Final meeting of the year: official numbers, officers for 2018-2019 school year