- BIG shout out to Cindy Midgette and all of her elves! Santa Shop was a fun time this year and very successful. Profit was 5,811.37, we have enough wrapping supplies for 2018 Santa Shop and we are half way there with the items to sale!
- Another SHOUT OUT: We purchased 2 smart boards (11,049.00) for the school in December!!! Hopefully we can purchase the remaining few after Read-A-Thon.
- Upcoming event: Let’s Get Moving Saturday 27 ½ hour of tabata/kickboxing and ½ hour of kids zumba. Please come out and bring your family, this is a free event!! 9:30-10:30 information flyer is coming home soon.
- PTO will be doing Valentine Grams again this year, and Anna Blais has graciously volunteered to head this up. Information will be sent home soon.
- The 2nd Teacher Luncheon is approaching, February 14th. Main entrée is Honey Garlic Chicken.
- Read-A-Thon kick off is also approaching, February 19th. Prize discussion…
- FINAL BOXTOP COLLECTION: February 23rd Please note, we COLLECT them all school year, but they can only be sent in on specified dates by BOXTOPS.
- YEARBOOK PHOTOS deadline is approaching!!!!! Please write down any information Heather Landry may give.
- Next meeting is February 1st
Room Parents: Please, please, please pass on all of this information!!!
Military Spouse Social Social
An informal gather for military spouses
Establish connections and learn more about the many resources available for military kids and families including free academic support tools.
Monday, October 16 – 8:30 – 9:30 am at Dunkin’ Donuts. 851 Cedar Point Blvd.
2017 – 2018 PTO Meeting Dates and Agenda
8:30 am cafeteria and 6:00 pm media center
- Sept 7 – Welcome, overview, officer/fundraiser introductions
- Oct 5 – Focus on Fall Festival
- Nov 2 – Last minute Fall Festival, Santa Shop info, upcoming teacher luncheon
- Dec – No meeting due to Santa Shop
- Jan 4 – Valentine Grams, update on Fall Festival, Santa Shop Totals
- Feb 1 – Valentine Grams, Read-a-Thon info, upcoming teacher luncheon
- Mar – No meeting due to Read-a-Thon collection
- Apr 19 – RAT total, upcoming luncheon, Fat Fella info, upcoming teach appreciation week
- May 17 – Final meeting of the year: Official numbers, officer for 2018 – 2019 school year
Every Tuesday night is Spirit Night Pirate families! Visit these locations during the specified time and they will give 10% of the sales back to Swansboro Elementary. Make sure you sign in to get credit. What a great and easy way to raise money for the school. See you there!
First Tuesday of the month: ‘FROSTED’ —– 2:00-6:00pm
Second Tuesday of the month: ‘PAPA JOHNS’ —-4:00-8:00
Third Tuesday of the month: ‘CANDY EDVENTURE’—4:00-7:00pm
Fourth Tuesday of the month: ‘PIZZA HUT’——-4:00-8:00pm
Dear SBES Parents,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year at Swansboro Elementary School. The PTO would like to extend a warm welcome to all new and returning parents. We hope that this school year will bring you and your children many positive relationships and experiences. We hope that you will all consider supporting our school by volunteering and supporting our fundraisers throughout the school year. Working together we can truly make a difference at SBES!
PTO Programs & Fundraising
Our primary objective as a PTO is to provide our school with funds to support SBES programs, resources and services that are no longer covered by our school budget. To meet this important objective we must fundraise. Although it may not be our favorite responsibility, it is a necessary one. Last year the PTO had four main fundraisers: Fall Festival, Santa Shop, Read-A-Thon, and Fat Fellas BBQ plate sales. We collect BOX TOPS throughout the year. Lookout for our two collection dates….fall & spring. Over the past couple of years, some of the funds collected have been used to provide the following educational and recreational needs: overhead projectors for each classroom, new sound system for the all-purpose room, tablets for 5th grade, resurfacing and 4 new basketball goals for the joint playground, and a new large play set for the K-2 playground, a large new swing set and resurfacing the 3-5 playground. This year, our goals are to provide each classroom with “Flat Panel Interactive Smartboards“. These touch boards will allow students to enhance their learning capabilities and become more engaged with the curriculum. As always, we will continue to provide support supplies and materials for our teachers and students.
Become a Volunteer…Why YOU should get involved
As you can see, we are a busy group which is why we need your help, and so do our teachers! Whether you have 30 minutes or a couple of hours, your ideas, time and talents are truly needed. We are about parents and teachers working together toward a common goal. That goal, simply stated, is creating a better school and quality education that allows our students to thrive and do their best work. We look forward to meeting you and working together to make a difference.
We will send information by emails and flyers in your children’s folders. Soon you will see contact information for our PTO board, a calendar of events, volunteer opportunities and other useful information. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swansboro Elementary PTO would once again like to extend a warm welcome and wonderful return to another successful school year!
Your PTO Board